Twelve Days of Christmas in July Sale: Day 1


I can't believe we are already half way to the holidays.  It goes by so fast! My gal pals and I are coming to you all week with a few featured items each day for Christmas in July!  



Included today are my Comprehension Skills and Strategy Posters and Genre Posters.  Each set includes coordinating backgrounds and Thistlegirl Designs Clipart.  The images provide visual clues and help students make connections. 
 
The Comprehension Skills and Strategy Posters hung on my cabinets by clothespins.  I only hang the poster once it's been introduced.  In my class, I work with a skill and strategy for a week.  With that being said, we cycle through and hit each multiple times in the year.  To ensure the kids are familiar with the posters, I have various students volunteer to remove and rehang the instructed strategy or skill from the cabinet each mini lesson.  This mobile focus wall allows for the poster to be displayed during instruction at their level.  Once the lesson is over, a volunteer will place it back into its home on the wall. 


The Genre Posters are hung on a ring in several areas of my classroom.  I keep one at centers, one in the reading room, a small set in each reading folders, and one in my instructional area.  The space on my walls are running low, and I've had to find different ways to display all that is required by my district.  With a set of rings on hand for each read aloud, whether it's science, social studies, readers, writers, or even math, we use the genre ring to determine the type of book read.  During independent reading and centers, the kids are asked to identify the genre. 



I'm stepping back in time to an old freebie offered in my store.  Hopefully it's new to followers I've recently received.  This file 33 page freebie contains 14 desk nameplates in various themes.  I provided a primary (K-2) set with a print alphabet and numbers through 20.  The intermediate (2-5) set with a cursive alphabet and numbers skip counting through 30.



This sale is one day only! Don't delay.

Check Facebook for a NEW fan freebie. 

Hop below for additional savings!



 

6 comments:

Mrs. Saoud said...

TpT has a time difference. The sale on the two above products won't post on TpT until 1am. Sorry about the confusion!

Mrs. Saoud said...

Okay, sale is live!

Whimsy Workshop Teaching said...

Hi Cheryl! Must be my lucky day because I just stopped by to visit from the Smorgasborg linky and now there's a freebie waiting here. Fantastic - thank you!
Susanna
Whimsy Workshop

Michelle said...

Happy Sales Friend! Thanks for linking up!

Kinderkay said...

The freebie is wonderful! I just purchased chair pockets from Really Good Stuff and was stressing over what kinds of name plates I was going to use for them and I hopped over to your blog and found your amazing gift!

Thank you!

Cindy

Unknown said...

I found you at Sunday Smorgasbord! I love your genre posters. I appreciate anything that helps the children focus on what we are teaching. I'm having a contest for some free stuff. Come visit if you can.
Sarah
I Dream of First Grade