Interactive Social Studies Journals {K-2}

It's finally here. HERE!!!!  After months of creating and over 100 dollars in clipart, I uploaded my Interactive Social Studies Journals.  I'm over the moon about this collection!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Interactive-Social-Studies-Journals-K-2-1425713


Interactive notebooks are widely used in classroom. If you were to walk in mine today, you would see interactive notebooks for reading, math, and science. The purpose behind these notebooks is to keep students organized and assist in synthesizing lessons taught. It’s common to see vocabulary, notes, graphic organizers, and reflections. Overall, interactive notebooks is one of many important components to promote student learning!

I created this journal to meet my district expectations of a student and teacher side of the journal. Each district is different and many have specific expectations. Mine is no exception to the rule. I currently teach off the gradual release. One page from this file can be stretched over several lessons. It’s not intended to complete both teacher and student portions in one day. Expect the teacher side to be several lessons before student side is addressed.

*NOTE due to a request, I included pages throughout the file so that the buyer can have examples of how to set up the journal pages. The table of contents (below) states there are two pages for each topic. One is a preview the second is the journal pages. Kindly consider this format before purchases and dropping the rating of this product.
 
Here are the previews...


















































































 
This is a labor of love!  The format is the same as my science journals so that journaling is consistent. If you are interested in my Interactive Science Journals, click the image below to link.  The first image above will link you to my Interactive Social Studies Journals.
 
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Interactive-Science-Journals-Bundled-K-2-1101081



12 comments:

Kathleen said...

This looks AMAZING Cheryl!!!

Kathy said...

Cheryl...This so AWESOME!!

Kathy
First Grade a la Carte

Sally said...

I LOVE this! What a great resource!!

Learning in Wonderland said...

We don't have text books or anything else to support social studies :( Now I have a complete resources to use to teach with! LOVE! Heading over now to purchase :)

Goobers51 said...

This is amazing...it correlates perfectly with what we do for Social Studies. Thank you so much for sharing your hard work! ppoland@hacschool.org

Unknown said...

This is so awesome looks like exactly what I have been hoping for for my daughter. All of the content that I don't seem to be able to find/simplify or come up with myself. Thank you for sharing your hard work. Would love to have this we could start tomorrow! smokeroku@yahoo.com

Becky said...

I am sooo glad you made this! My social studies plans are done now! I do have a quick question...is there are particular reason that the student side is on the left and the teacher part is on the right?

Becky
Lesson Plans & Lattes

Mrs. Saoud said...

Hi Becky,

The format was specific to my district requirements. We teach under the Gradual Release Model of Responsibility and the formatting was predetermined.

Unknown said...

Wow! What an AMAZING resource!

Carrie Ogulnick said...

This is AMAZING! We don't have a text book to use so this is a HUGE help!! Going to purchase it right now :)

Unknown said...

This is amazing and you are very talented. I did notice that the Southern Ocean is not included in the Geography section. Would it be possible to update it to include this also?
Thanks for your hard work!
Stephanie

Mrs. Saoud said...

There are two page options for oceans: one with four oceans and the other with five oceans which includes the Southern Ocean. I didn't make a preview page for both.