Book Talk Tuesday: Loud Lips Lucy

Do you have a student with a voice level that rises above all the rest? Are you looking for a book to tackle volume control? I stumbled upon a fun story that fits perfectly with rituals and routines for back to school. Using rhyming language, bright illustrations and tons of silly fun, this story successfully captures the reader’s attention and will have you wanting more.

Little Loud Lips Lucy yells wherever she goes…

Ignoring warnings from her father, Loud Lips Lucy continues to shout…

Until one afternoon when suddenly she lost her voice...
 


Perplexed, Lucy goes on a hunt for your missing voice…


That silly Lucy hunts for her voice in unconventional places…


Frustrated and unsure, Loud Lips Lucy sits and wonders what happened to her voice.  No longer talking, she hears sounds from a tree.  Could it be her voice? Let us see…


The story comes to a close with Lucy listening to new sounds when suddenly her classmates come around. 

How will the story end?  Will the kids lounge with Listening Lucy or continue on their way?  Will Lucy’s voice return? I encourage you to grab a copy of this treasured tale. 

Loud Lips Lucy is the first of the Smarties Book series.  This collection is a health based picture book series designed to educate on common childhood illnesses and to increase the publics ability to read and understand health information. Every book within the Smarties Book series is medically reviewed by the some of the very best healthcare providers and researchers in the nation.
 
Come check out all the fun stories linked in Book Talk Tuesday with Deanna Jump!
 
http://mrsjumpsclass.blogspot.com/2014/08/book-talk-tuesday-wiggles-learns-rules.html
 

3 comments:

Recipe for Teaching said...

This book looks so cute! Looks like I need to add another book to my classroom library!! Thanks for sharing!
recipeforteaching

Allie Bond said...

I haven't heard of this book before. I will need to add this to my collection. Thanks for sharing!

Allie
http://thepositiveteacher.blogspot.com/

Katie Adragna said...

This book looks adorable!!! I think I'll be amazon priming this one for sure! It'll make a great first week book!
I'd love to participate in the next book talk Tuesday, I just got one of my favorites!!!

http://kollaboratingwithkatie.blogspot.com/?m=1