Day Four of Thanks!

Those that live in my community make the holidays exciting.  I'm thankful for their enthusiasm.  This morning I wake with more authority than yesterday.  Sundays are structured and well planned.  I sit with a cup of fresh squeezed orange juice.  I'm thankful the vitamin c will help with the gloomy bug I can't seem to shake. I sit out on my lanai and see that my roses are, once again, going to bloom.  I thankful that this delicate plant has provided me with four new blooms during our seasonal change.  My eye travels, ever so slightly, to the right and I noticed my holly tree shimmering with red specks.  Yes, the holidays are near.  I sit reading my community newsletter and the excitement that's to come in the next few weeks.  Lakeside residence are preparing their docks and boats for an upcoming holiday boat parade.  As well as inland residents are preparing their homes for a decorating contest.  Gingerbread men, ornament filled trees, and lights of all types adorn the beautiful homes.  Trolleys are rented and carry residents through the neighborhoods  before gathering together in fellowship. I'm thankful for this enchanting experience. In excitement, I manage to have my husband pull down all our Christmas decorations in preparation for next weekend.  We have a holiday tradition following Thanksgiving.  Apple Cider cooks on the stove as the smell permeates the house and the 1984 version on A Christmas Carol pumps through our surround sound.  I'm thankful for these traditions.  I immediatly set down my community news and put pen to paper.  A grocery list must be made!  Cinnamon sticks, cloves, pumpkin pie filling, and graham cracker pie crust are among a few remaining items to purchase today at the store.  I'm thankful for my husband who so willingly picks up our grocery items as I turn my attention to school.  Do you have holiday tradition that you are thankful for?



1 comment:

Rachelle said...

YAY! Thanks so much for linking up! I was SURE that no one would...hahah...

I'm thankful for our Christmas traditions too! My hubby and I have only been married 2 years, but we are always trying to come up with fun things we can do and make a tradition with our kids one day! :)

-Rachelle
whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com