Day Five of Thanks!


Woody Allen writes, "I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose." This sums up my day perfectly.  Kids can say and do the darnedest things.  I'm truly thankful for the daily interactions with my students. 

Have you ever given the kids a piece of paper and asked them to write the steps of making a turkey?  Uncontrollable chuckles!  Minus the milk, please.

Here is a sample:  Hunt for the turkey.  Watch out for the bears. Then, turn on the over to 100 degrees.  Cook the turkey in the oven. 

I asked, "How do you prepare the turkey to be cooked?"  My darling responds with intensity, "That's what your grandmother is for."

Yes, I'm thankful for these days.  Have your kids said things you are thankful for? I have a post from March you may enjoy, link here.

If you haven't already, you might like to link over to Rachelle from What a Teacher Wants and join  her thankful linky party. 

3 comments:

Learning with Mrs. Parker said...

Too cute! I love how to recipes. They always are funny.

I had a good chuckle the other day too. We were counting the number of words I said orally. I said, "thumbs up" and practically everyone had theirs up. I burst out laughing. I couldn't control myself. : )

Ms.M said...

This is wonderful! Love it. :)

Ms. M
Ms.M's Blog
A Teacher's Plan

jaylen watkins said...

Good post!!! Children gets delighted.

Sample Assessments