Today is the first official day back to school for teachers. We begin our week long Pre-Planning sessions. During this time we prep the year with committee formations, grade level meetings, and classroom setup. The possibilities are endless as I embark on adventures in 1st grade with my kindergarten class.
I'm thrilled to give you a peek inside Primary Graffiti and my adventures looping! With a new charter school opening only miles away, I expected a few student transfers. I'm excited that 90% of my roll has remained the same this school year.
This is quirky me, Cheryl Saoud.
The schedule this week...
I would like to say that I will post all these promptly but I'm a realist and it's the first week of school. If not prompt, I will post at some point through the week. :)
1. I'm a nut for outdoor adventures! These are the escapades of my hubster and I this summer...
2. I can equally spend time shopping! At this point, it's a sickness! The Red Dress Boutique is my favorite place to shop! I actually travel six hours to visit this store in Athens, Georgia.
3. I'm borderline obsessed with bubble statement necklaces, scarves, and decorative earrings. Always sporting but never together!
4. When I'm not getting dolled up or getting rugged with the outdoors, I enjoy shopping for antiques and reclaimed decor. I've had a little fun this past week transforming my home office.
Reclaimed Shelves from Charm (a local Jacksonville Shop).
Chalkboard paints by Cece Caldwell (a local Jacksonville artist).
It's not polished but it's a start! Hope to have updates soon!
5. I have two precious puppies: Baya the 5 year old Shih-Tzu and Meakah the 11 year old Pekingese. Baya is infatuated with Lyle the Crocodile. Meakah is camera shy and offend on sly!
6. Fall is my favorite season. Cool air, leaves change, friends and fellowship merge with holiday traditions, and FOOTBALL begins!
7. I walk to my own beat! Always listening to music, never the same genre. I'm a hippie at heart and love my Carole King and James Taylor but can rock with the best of Nirvana. My concert bucket list includes Garth Brooks, No Doubt, and Boys II Men. My life is like an iPod Shuffle, you never know what music you get!
8. I started Insanity. I've been working out my whole life. As an athlete, I've done lots of running and weight lifting. As a trainer, I helped patrons target goals and work to achieve them. With cross-fit, I found a total body transformation. Insanity is just plain insane!
9. Okra and Stewed Tomatoes has this southern gal running for the dinner table. It's quick and easy. Dice okra in a pan, chop 1/2 of a yellow onion, and add a finely diced clove of garlic. Include a little olive oil to keep the okra from burning to the pan. Saute them for five minutes for a little flavor. Add a can of stewed tomatoes and real bacon bits. You can add bacon as desired! Play with the combinations. Simmer 15 minutes or until tender on low-med heat.
I use a quarter of this bag!
10. I'm totally sucked into The Newsroom on HBO. Have you seen this show yet? It's Brilliant!
I hope to be back soon with pictures of my classroom tour! You can link with the button below to meet different teacher bloggers!