In Pictures and In Words {Part 3}

Lee Gutkind, the author of The Art of Creative Non-Fiction, is quoted saying, "To make scenes seem authentic...writers attempt to include memorable small or unusual details that readers would not necessarily know or even imagine".  This chapter includes techniques that revolve around details and understanding why they matter. Details in illustrations helps the readers experience the story through the narrator's eyes.  

Instead of creating a new document, I added posters for additional techniques to the previous file.  Click the image below for a revised copy!



I love the book Earrings by Judith Viorst. This is a funny book about a girl who begs and begs to get her ears pierced. I use this book each year for persuasive writing.  Now, my eyes are open to new perspectives as I read In Pictures and In Words by Katie Wood Ray. 

Click the image above to purchase!

  #20  Movement


 #13   Expression


#21  Illusion of Sound

 This week has been a challenging week personally for me.  I've been in and out of medical procedures.  Everything is fine but I was unable to complete each of the techniques.  I purchased additional clipart for the final two techniques of Chapter 7 and was able to to create posters for most of the techniques for Chapter 8.  As soon as I return from my conference in Vegas, I'll continue to create, create, create! 

Don't forget to link up with Kathleen from Growing Kinders




8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for creating these posters and sharing them! I purchased the book by Katie Ray Wood to read later. Eventually I'll go through all the blog book study posts! I can completely relate to multiple medical procedures interrupting plans. It's important to take care of your self. Blog land will be be here when you are better :) I'm learning that!

Brittany
Sweet Seconds

Jena Snowden said...

Hey! I hope you're feeling ok!:( I was stopping by to see if you were going to do the postcard exchange this year and if you needed or wanted any help if you were going to do it. Let me know. Have tons of fun in VEGAS!!!

Jena
1st Grade with Miss Snowden

Owl Things First said...

I like the way you concentrated on one book and showed as many techniques as you could! I've not seen this book. Thanks...I'll add it to my growing with list!
Jenny

Owl Things First

Owl Things First said...

I just checked out your posters...WOW! Thank you so much!
Jenny

Owl Things First

Sue said...

Great example. Thank you for sharing. Love the posters.

Sue

The Very Busy Kindergarten

Unknown said...

Thanks again for the posters. Hope you are feeling OK now.
Sandi

Who's On First? said...

I love your blog! I just started my own blog:
http://who-is-on-first.blogspot.com
Please help me out, I don't know what I'm doing. :-)

Teacher said...

Fantastic posters! Thank you so much!