In Pictures and In Words Book Study

 Oh my sweet friends... I am getting REALLY excited!

As you may recall, last summer we collectively studied Debbie Diller's wonderful book, Math Work Stations. This year we will be diving into Katie Wood Ray's Book, In Pictures and in Words.


If you have been reading my blog this year, you know I have used this book in my writer's workshop.  But just like last year, I decided I wanted to know more.  

Who better to help me think more deeply about this text than you guys?

When does it start?  
On June 22nd, I will launch our study here on this site.  Then each week another blog will host a section of the book. (I will take the first 2 weeks)

How do I participate?
You will want to follow the blogs who are hosting the chapters (so you won't miss anything).

If you have a blog:  You can create a post (using our guiding questions) and link up with the hosting blog.

If you do not have a blog:  You can simply comment on the blog with your reflections.

The beautiful thing about blog book studies is you can check in whenever you want.  If you have plans during this time of year... no worries... The information will be here waiting for you!

What is the schedule?
I created a book mark to help you along the way.  It has the hosting blog, dates, and guiding questions.
Simply print it out and keep it with you as you go through the book study.



Giveaways?
You bet!  We will give away gift certificates for books from


We have more exciting news about this book study soon!  Yipee!

Tell me you are as excited as I am?

3 comments:

Mrs. Rios said...

Yes Cheryl, I am excited! I have downloaded my bookmark and will be hunting down the book right now. This will be my first book study. Should be fun.

Thanks,

Nicole

Mrs. Saoud said...

Yay Nicole. Glad you are joining us! You can grab a copy of the book at Barnes and Nobles and through the publishing company Heimemann.

Cheryl

Think, Wonder, and Teach said...

Oh this sounds so good but there are simply too many book studies going on right now. I am already committed to 2 and am reading/researching on my own in another area as well! UGH! We need to spread these out more.

Misty
Think, Wonder, & Teach