Updates...

I cannot believe this past week flew by so quickly.  Here are a few pictures of our New Year Wish.  You can find the printable from Erica's Unit here.



I used the hats from my activity last year.


We are working on Persuasive Writing. I introduce the genre with OREO (opinion, reason, example, restate opinion).  We begin with graphic organizers until the kids understand how to write without the support.  I have a student working on a magnificent paper and cannot wait to share on my students' blog (located on the sidebar) when we are complete. 

The follow up lesson models how to transfer the writing into complete sentences.  I forgot to take a picture of our shared writing.  I will share tomorrow.

This book does a wonderful job at teaching reasons.  The kids enjoyed it too!


Here's a chart of various strategies the kids shared during our math lesson.

We are reading Cherry Blossom Friends (pictured on the bookshelf and located on the sidebar).  I'm awaiting a clipart request before I can share my unit which has been a huge success in class. Until then...




My picture is officially up on the wall at school.  The kids pass and pointed today at the wall of honor!  Thanks for all the kind comments of Facebook!

11 comments:

Kristin said...

Loved the New Year's pics - so cute!
Your photo is awesome - it's REALLY GOOD!!! :) Your kids should be pointing! :)
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Fran Kramer said...

You are a gorgeous woman and have a fantastic blog. I love that you got this important award. What an accomplishment!Congratulations to you.
Fran@kindergartencrayons.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Congrats! In that picture, you look so glamorous, like one of Charlie's Angels...in a good way =)
Jennifer
laughinbrunette@hotmail.com
First Grade Blue SKies

Miss Kindergarten said...

Woohoo!! Teacher of the year! What a gorgeous picture!

Kristen said...

What a beautiful picture! Congrats again on your achievements!! And happy new year, I feel like I haven't spoken to you in an age :)
Kristen

Erica Bohrer said...

They came out cute!

Mrs. Saoud said...

You are too kind. A little color to cover the gray and eye make-up to draw you away from the flaws. I've wondered how the picture would turn out after a field trip to the zoo only an hour and a half before taking the picture. The hair flipped out is due to the ponytail to hold my mop while fighting the heat of Florida sun. Be glad you cannot smell the stench on me! LOL.

Sarah said...

What a wonderful blog! (I'm a new follower) I love all your ideas and products. Congrats on your achievement! What a great accomplishment! :) Keep up the awesome work!

~sarah
funintitlemath.blogspot.com

test said...

Congrats to you! That is quite an accomplishment. I know you deserve it- you rock! :)

P.S.- Your picture is fantastic! No wonder the kids are pointing at it on the wall!

Mary
Mrs. Lirette's Learning Detectives

Kelly T. said...

Congrats on Teacher of the Year!! Kathy from First Grade a la Carte sent me and I will definitely be following you from now on!

Lory said...

Wahoo!! Congratulations!! You deserve it! Your picture is gorgeous!!
Lory