Comprehension Connections



Comprehension Connections: Bridges to Strategic Reading was recommended by a colleague.  It is written by a teacher whom provides concrete connections for anchor lessons in reading strategies. Metacognition, schema, inferring, questioning, determining importance, visualizing, and synthesizing can be difficult for many primary students.  Tanny's book spells out interactive meaningful connections to understanding the strategies taught with easy to read lessons to align.  

Reading Resource (dot) net has pictures demonstrating activities from Tanny's book and printable sheets to use with activities.  Link here.

2 comments:

Tessa said...

Just bought this book and I can't wait to read it this summer!

steve said...

Thank you for posting a link to my site! I've been looking through yours and I blame you for the fact that I have no more ink in my printer! Really love your ideas! Thanks for sharing.

Katie Appel
ReadingResource.net